Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cheese, it's good

On Sunday, I hit up the Pike Place Cheese Festival for the second year in a row. I'm not sure if it's the cheese, the sun, the wine (or the friendly people drinking wine) or maybe a combination, but what a great event! It turned into quite the full day, ending with a concert at Neumo's.

Along the way we stopped by the brand new Seattle Hard Rock Cafe. Now, I would never actually go there for dinner but I heard they had a nice roof top bar (very uncommon in Seattle) so we had to check it out. It was super loungy - all couches and fire pits. The fire was very hot so eventually we had to move away and stand near the wall. I wasn't complaining though (except for the part where I did complain to the bartender... in a friendly way of course), the view is lovely up there! The bartender was friendly and so were all of the people hanging out. If you're ready to pay $6 for a beer and listen to the top 40 hits of the 90's, then I recommend it.

We made it to Neumo's for Frightened Rabbit with openers Maps & Atlases. Both very good bands. And I highly approve of their choice to play Fleetwood Mac between shows.

It really has been a while since I've been "out on the town" so it was a fun excursion. I'm more than ready for summer to come along so there can be more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment