Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Shoes

I had a pretty lucky weekend. At least, with regards to thrift store shopping. On Friday, I picked up some practically brand new white keds from the local Salvation Army for three bucks and I quickly realized that these shoes were literally a blank canvas begging for some sweet designy type stuff. So, I stole this herringbone pattern and spent a few hours drawing it on the shoes with a Sharpie. 

Halfway through...


I'm also becoming quite attached to my store's tagline of "make something" and I think I should probably work it into everything I make from now on.


PS -  I spent nearly the entire time while I was drawing these lines listening to 60's folk music after I discovered the music of Father John Misty. Listen to my favorites over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment