Friday, June 25, 2010

Queen B Quilts

Business has picked up a bit for Queen B Quilts, my t-shirt quilting business adventure which I started four years ago. I haven't put much effort into advertising or sales, but have relied merely on word of mouth, facebook and my blog to get my name out there. I have had the right amount of sales for my needs and wants up until now. However, I'm considering an expansion of sorts.

Recently, I approached the store Assemble in hopes of partnering to host quilting classes at their shop. We will be offering this class (a two parter) in July. I'm really excited by this idea of teaching a group to make their own quilts, because... well, I'm a social person and quilting alone in my apartment doesn't really thrill me. Just having the class listed on their website has boosted visits to my blog and facebook sites.

So, now I'm starting to think I could really take this somewhere. I have a few ideas I would like to implement as soon as I get a second to really concentrate on this project. I don't ever want to veer away from t-shirt quilting, but I'm trying to find new ways to offer it to everyone.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment