Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Here Goes Everything

Today is my last day working part-time at the local college here in Grays Harbor. It's been fun bringing in entertainment and putting on and planning events like giant bowling and lunch time karaoke, but it's summer time now (despite the warning email I got this morning about possible lightning strikes on campus) and I've got lots of other projects to get working on!

I've got three major goals or guiding values on my list:

1. Quality > Quantity. I will be focusing on taking all of the things that I do and figuring out how to slim it all down to the top quality projects, then making those things even better.

2. Connect. I love people. I love fast paced environments. I know that if I don't spend some time focusing on ways to stay connected to these things, I will become discouraged and end up spending my days watching The Wonder Years on Netflix and eating way too many burritos.

3. Make some money! Let's get real. I've got bills to pay...

By Banter Banner

Here's the short-ish list of things I'll be doing this summer:
  • Use writing as an excuse to have more adventures in Grays Harbor. Drag my camera and friends along and post it all up here, here, here and here.
  • Relaunch Gray's General Store... I've got some big ideas including an online store, new product lines and a co-working space!
  • More picnics. Fancy ones. Like how they do in Portland.
  • More hammocks.
  • Fill my brain with inspiring and educational books, podcasts and videos... like this one:


  • Attempt to take on creative and self-improvement projects that I hear about in these books, podcasts and videos (... a photo a day like Chris Glass does... maybe).
  • More, more, more copywriting, marketing and advertising projects!
  • Get back into my running and yoga routine.
  • Ride my bike more so I can have thoughtful and deep contemplations on my place in this world like my friend Kelly Hogaboom.
  • Host a backyard music festival/camp-out.
  • Try to help get a few businesses off the ground for friends and family.
  • Generally (and hopefully) not be too lazy.
Wish me luck! (please... I'll need it)

No comments:

Post a Comment